AAA Northway awarded 4 years in a row TOP PLACES TO WORK by the Times Union
Trusted Organization... Relevant Solutions
Whether you are an experienced professional or in the early stages of your career, AAA Northway is a great place to build and expand your career.
We encourage AAA employees to grasp opportunities for personal development by utilizing our generous tuition assistance program and our extensive training curriculum designed for individual development and professional growth.
Travel Agent-Vestal Office
Responsible for selling primarily leisure travel, coordinating air, rail, cruise, tour and independent travel services. Responsibilities
1. Performs responsibilities as assigned which may include, but not be limited to:
a) Sellings primarily leisure travel, coordinating air, rail, cruise, tour and independent travel services based on travel dates and individual preferences.
b) Arrange cars and hotels
c) Contacts clients with special promotions; develops sales techniques and networks to improve sales and commissions
d) Provides tickets and confirmation information, also reviews arrangements with client e) Promotes and uses approved travel vendors
f) Arranges for payment and services and collects payment
g) Cross sells and coordinates any additional needs
h) Maintains familiarity with travel industry through attendance at vendor's training sessions, FAM trips, literature and trade shows.
i) Participates in networking opportunities such as AAA theme nights, community events, Chamber mixers, etc.
2. Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications
1. Possess education and/or experience equal to: two years’ experience as travel agent; or Associate’s Degree in field or equivalent combination of experience and education equal to two years.
2. Minimum of two years’ sales experience, preferably in a travel-related business, required.
3. Possess a passion for geography, travel and selling.
4. Excellent customer service skills are a must.
5. Proficient in use of computer including travel reservations system
Tow Truck Operator
Provide safe, efficient and customer-friendly road service for AAA members, ensuring positive member experiences. Respond to member requests for service within a given ETA (estimated time of arrival). Ensure member safety and vehicle security. Educate members on possible issues, provide jump starts, fuel service, flat tire replacement, vehicle entry and towing service. Promote AAA products and services and ensure complete resolution of member issues.
To successfully fulfill the responsibilities of this position, you will need the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license with no moving traffic violations
- Possess a minimum of two years’ work experience in safely driving trucks and/or towing vehicles; successful completion of education in auto mechanics or related field in a vocational school or in college may be substituted for up to one year of experience.
- Must be safety conscious for self and member and must wear assigned personal protective equipment and follow established safety rules.
- Be proficient in computer/keyboarding skills.
- Possess general working knowledge of geography and ability to read maps; strong knowledge of local area helpful
(Schenectady, Rotterdam, Niskayuna, Scotia, Clifton Park)
- Available to work assigned hours and overtime when necessary
- Ability to get to work in all types of weather and to remain at work as long as needed with or without prior notice; may be called in early or required to stay late.
- Lifting, reaching, bending, lying on ground, walking, working outside in heat/cold and all types of weather will be required in performance of duties.
Note: To ensure that AAA Northway maintains a qualified staff of professionals to serve its membership, a background check will be required for these positions, including a driver’s license review and drug testing.
Personal Lines Insurance Sales Agent
Voted Top Workplaces 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021.
AAA Northway is seeking enterprising outgoing Personal Lines Insurance Sales Agent with an entrepreneurial spirit. Ability to work in a demanding environment that drives bold goals. This is NOT a commission only position; this position has a solid bi-weekly base compensation model with graduated, performance-based compensation paid monthly, PLUS monthly commission sharing of both new and renewal business.
Do you currently work as an account manager but feel you would be a better sales agent? Are you good at retaining clients, upgrading coverages, rounding accounts, selling the benefits of paid in full but you just don’t feel like you’re rewarded or compensated for those activities? AAA might be a good fit. We compensate based on achievable goals, goals that are clearly communicated, measured and are in alignment with the business units overall goals. The AAA brand is powerful, one of the most recognizable and respected brands in the US. You will find that, here at AAA, we encourage you to hunt for opportunities but in addition we have created a solid pipeline of incoming opportunities that can lead you to success.
Great benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance- majority paid by the employer. Generous paid time off and a AAA Plus Membership.
Insurance Agency Specialist
AAA is seeking an Insurance Agency Specialist in NY! This position would support the agencies service and retention efforts by assisting with sales, service and retention related activities. They have daily interaction with AAA members, agency, club and carrier partners.
Advantages To Working With AAA
For over a century, AAA has built a reputation for being one of America’s pre-eminent member services organizations. AAA Insurance stands firmly on this foundation and has been safeguarding the livelihoods of members since 1914; 100 years of excellence. Though the cars, families and lifestyles have changed greatly over the decades, our commitment to protecting our members has remained constant. A challenging and stimulating career that provides growth and development
· An outstanding portfolio of products. We work with some of the top Insurance carriers in the country like CSAA, Travelers, Hanover, NYCM.
If you have the qualities and skills described, apply today to become a part of our growing team!
At AAA Northway, we’ve been driven to provide our members with superior roadside assistance, personal service, and peace of mind. This same commitment to a life well-lived has earned AAA Northway the reputation as a great place to work by the Albany Times Union 4 years in a row!! Come to a place where your ideas are respected and valued. And, perhaps most important of all, they get to make a difference every day.
The Primary Duties Are
- Provides advanced technical and product information in response to customer questions and/or problems in accordance with corporate policies and procedures
- Supports AAA Insurance strategic initiatives by increasing revenue through improved customer retention
- Identifies insured customers who are most likely to become a retention risk and contacts them in an effort designed to retain the customer and preserve existing in-force insurance policies. Identifies and contacts customers who may be eligible for premium rating discounts. Offers rewrite insurance policies to customers as new company products are introduced. Keep current on industry trends and carrier information.
- Receive phone calls from clients regarding coverage, claims, billing or administrative issues, and comply with the request and/or refer to the Insurance Sales Agent as necessary.
- May be assigned research projects related to customer retention from the Insurance Management team. Works to ensure operational efficiency; may assist with the development of revised policies and procedures; assists with the effective communication of new procedures and development of training as required.
- Provides telephone support by taking retention calls from at risk customers. Handles inbound calls from marketing initiatives to promote policy reviews. Performs other job-related duties as required, according to department policies, procedures, and practices
- Resolve customer’s service or billing issues.
- Follow up to ensure that appropriate changes have been made to customer accounts
- Assist Branch Insurance Sales Agents as needed
- Keep records of customer interaction and transactions, documenting details of conversations, as well as actions taken.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associate’s degree preferred.
- 2 – 4 years insurance experience in Property & Casualty Insurance
- Active P&C insurance license in good standing per state requirements (Required). Complete state required CE in a timely manner.
- Familiarity with and follow agency E&O guidelines, follow agency policies, and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding and often intense environment, which operates on strict deadlines in order to conduct business.
- A competitive base rate between $16 to $20/hour plus incentives, commission and bonuses
- Over 10 days of Paid Time Off accrued during the first year of employment
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) plan with Employer match
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Complimentary AAA Plus Membership (inclusive of product & service discounts)
- and so much more!
What you can expect from AAA Northway:
- An environment where innovative ideas are welcome and strategic thinking is encouraged.
- An opportunity for personal development and career advancement.
What we expect from our employees:
- A commitment to AAA Northway’s vision and success.
- A desire to learn, develop and be the best.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at AAA Northway.
AAA Northway is an Equal Opportunity Employer