AAA Northway awarded 2018 TOP PLACES TO WORK by the Times Union
Trusted Organization... Relevant Solutions
Whether you are an experienced professional or in the early stages of your career, AAA Northway is a great place to build and expand your career.
We encourage AAA employees to grasp opportunities for personal development by utilizing our generous tuition assistance program and our extensive training curriculum designed for individual development and professional growth.
Tow Truck Operator
Provide safe, efficient and customer-friendly road service for AAA members, ensuring positive member experiences. Respond to member requests for service within a given ETA (estimated time of arrival). Ensure member safety and vehicle security. Educate members on possible issues, provide jump starts, fuel service, flat tire replacement, vehicle entry and towing service. Promote AAA products and services and ensure complete resolution of member issues.
To successfully fulfill the responsibilities of this position, you will need the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license with no moving traffic violations
- Possess a minimum of two years’ work experience in safely driving trucks and/or towing vehicles; successful completion of education in auto mechanics or related field in a vocational school or in college may be substituted for up to one year of experience.
- Must be safety conscious for self and member and must wear assigned personal protective equipment and follow established safety rules.
- Be proficient in computer/keyboarding skills.
- Possess general working knowledge of geography and ability to read maps; strong knowledge of local area helpful
(Schenectady, Rotterdam, Niskayuna, Scotia, Clifton Park)
- Available to work assigned hours and overtime when necessary
- Ability to get to work in all types of weather and to remain at work as long as needed with or without prior notice; may be called in early or required to stay late.
- Lifting, reaching, bending, lying on ground, walking, working outside in heat/cold and all types of weather will be required in performance of duties.
Note: To ensure that AAA Northway maintains a qualified staff of professionals to serve its membership, a background check will be required for these positions, including a driver’s license review and drug testing.
Location of Position: Halfmoon Travel Center
Work Schedule: 37.5 Hours - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday -- 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Responsible for selling primarily leisure travel, coordinating air, rail, cruise, tour and independent travel services.
Sells primarily leisure travel, coordinating arrangements for air, rail, cruise services based on travel dates and individual preferences. Arrange cars and hotels. Contacts clients with special promotions; develops sales techniques and networks to improve sales and commissions. Provides tickets and confirmation information and reviews arrangements with client. Promotes and uses AAA preferred partners. Arranges for payment of services and collects payment. Cross sells and coordinates any additional needs. Maintains familiarity with travel industry through attendance at vendor’s training sessions, FAM trips, literature and trade shows. Participates in networking opportunities such as AAA theme nights, community events, Chamber mixers, etc.
Qualifications necessary for successfully performing this position include:
Possess education and/or experience equal to: two years’ experience as travel agent; or Associate’s Degree in field or equivalent combination of experience and education equal to two years. Minimum of two years’ sales experience, preferably in a travel-related business, required. Possess a passion for geography, travel and selling. Excellent customer service skills are a must. Proficient in use of computer including travel reservations system.
Automotive Lube/ Tire Technician
AAA Northway is seeking applicants for the position of Lube/Tire Technician at our, Clifton Park Car Care Center. This position performs minor repairs and lube services to automobiles.
1. Perform oil changes and lubrication services to automobiles
2. Perform tire repairs and installation services to automobiles
3. Perform any other minor repairs to automobiles as assigned by a Lead Tech or service writer, according to his/her abilities
4. Gain on the job experience in all areas of automotive repair and strive to obtain ASE Certifications.
5. Transporting members in company van to work or home
6. Picking up parts as needed
7. Assist upper level technicians as needed and for experience
8. Keep his/her work area clean and safe
9. Various miscellaneous duties as assigned by Lead Tech or management
10. Assists other level technicians as requested
11. Performs other duties as assigned
1. Minimum of two years as automotive lube/tire technician
2. Possesses high level of diagnostic skills in most automotive systems
3.Possesses excellent verbal and written communications skills; time management skills
4. Maintains valid driver's license with clean driving record
5. Possesses high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
6. Able to work when needed and as business demands to create and sustain a successful operation
7. Available weekends and evenings as required.
8. Physical Requirements:able to lift 70 lbs., bend, reach, walk and stand for long periods, work in garage environment, going out into cold or hot weather as required.
The Service Advisor is the Car Care Center’s first link to the member/customer. The job encompasses listening and asking the proper questions to ensure that the vehicle to be serviced is diagnosed properly and the facility maintains the highest level of satisfaction.
- Meets and greets members/customers promptly, timely and courteously.
- Handles incoming telephone calls following established procedures for the facility.
- Maintains the member/customer scheduling system.
- Schedules work flow through shop, assigning work to technicians by matching degree of repair difficulty to technician’s skill level.
- Listens and offers appropriate diagnostic, maintenance or repair service that meets the member/customer’s needs.
- Provides all members/customers with an estimated completion time and keeps them informed of any changes in the estimated time.Provides members/customers with estimated cost of repairs or service.
- Maintains proper communication with the service department.Provides accurate and detailed information to technicians to assist in diagnosis.
- Discusses results of diagnostics, repairs or findings by technicians with member/customer and arranges additional work if necessary.
- Strives to continuously achieve highest customer service level.
- Accepts payments, processes paperwork, runs reports and works on computerized systems in performance of duties.
- Handles minor member/customer concerns, elevating any unresolved issues to General Manager for quick resolution at his discretion.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment to facility standards as directed by General Manager.
- Follows all policies and procedures set forth by management for the facility.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with members, customers, visitors, vendors, suppliers, and co-workers.
- Engages in any training offered and/or required by the Club.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed by manager.
- Minimum of six months of successful automotive service advisor experience or as assistant in automotive service business including demonstrated skills in customer service, scheduling, time management, listening, verbal and written communications and leadership
- Maintain valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Prefer associate’s degree in related field; minimum educational requirement:high school diploma/GED
- Prefer ASE certification
- Ability to work when needed and as business demands to create and sustain a successful operation
- Available weekends and evenings as required.
What you can expect from AAA Northway:
- An environment where innovative ideas are welcome and strategic thinking is encouraged.
- An opportunity for personal development and career advancement.
What we expect from our employees:
- A commitment to AAA Northway’s vision and success.
- A desire to learn, develop and be the best.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at AAA Northway.
AAA Northway is an Equal Opportunity Employer