AAA Northway awarded 6 years in a row TOP PLACES TO WORK by the Times Union
Trusted Organization... Relevant Solutions
Whether you are an experienced professional or in the early stages of your career, AAA Northway is a great place to build and expand your career.
We encourage AAA employees to grasp opportunities for personal development by utilizing our generous tuition assistance program and our extensive training curriculum designed for individual development and professional growth.
General Service Technician
The General Service Technician is responsible for service and/or repair of vehicles assigned by Service Advisor or General Manager. Will perform all services to vehicles for which they have been fully trained and are capable of performing.
- Completes service and/or repairs assigned for which the Technician is trained and capable of performing.
- Requests assistance from Lead Technician for any situations which require additional support to complete the job properly.
- Maintains proper levels of member/customer satisfaction including customer interaction as needed.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment, including tools and equipment to facility standards as directed by General Manager.
- Keeps skills current through on-going review of available industry technical information keeping up-to-date on advances in automotive technology.
- Communicates with Service Advisor regarding any changes in work status or completion status of vehicles.
- Adheres to all safety standards along with all operational policies and procedures.
- Achieves productivity goals and customer service standards as established by management.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with members, customers, visitors, vendors, suppliers, and co-workers.
- Requires some automotive background through education, experience or training – entry level position
- Pursuit of New York State inspectors’ certification encouraged
- Requires mechanical aptitude and interest in automotive services
- Maintains valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Possesses high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Available weekends and evenings as required.
- Physical Requirements: able to lift 70 lbs., bend, reach, walk and stand for long periods, work in garage environment, going out into cold or hot weather as required.
Tow Truck Operator
Light Service Driver
These Positions Operate out of our Clifton Park location
Provide safe, efficient and customer-friendly towing solutions for AAA members, ensuring positive member experiences. Respond to member requests for service within a given ETA (estimated time of arrival). Ensure member safety and vehicle security. Educate members on possible issues, provide jump starts, fuel service, flat tire replacement, vehicle entry and towing service. Promote AAA products and services and ensure complete resolution of member issues.
To successfully fulfill the responsibilities of this position, you will need the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license with no moving traffic violations
- Possess a minimum of two years’ work experience in safely driving trucks and/or towing vehicles; successful completion of education in auto mechanics or related field in a vocational school or in college may be substituted for up to one year of experience.
- Must be safety conscious for self and member and must wear assigned personal protective equipment and follow established safety rules.
- Be proficient in computer/keyboard skills
- Possess general working knowledge of geography and ability to read maps; strong knowledge of local area helpful (Schenectady, Rotterdam, Niskayuna, Scotia, Clifton Park, Saratoga)
- Available to work assigned hours and overtime when necessary
- Ability to get to work in all types of weather to service members and to remain at work as long as needed with or without prior notice; may be called in early or required to stay late.
- Lifting, reaching, bending, lying on ground, working outside in heat/cold and all types of weather will be required in performance of duties.
NOTE: To ensure that AAA Northway maintains a qualified staff of professionals to serve its membership, a background check will be required for these positions, including a driver’s license review and possible drug testing.
Responsible for selling primarily leisure travel, coordinating air, rail, cruise, tour and independent travel services.
1. Performs responsibilities as assigned which may include, but not be limited to:
- Sellings primarily leisure travel, coordinating air, rail, cruise, tour and independent travel services based on travel dates and individual preferences.
- Arrange cars and hotels
- Contacts clients with special promotions; develops sales techniques and networks to improve sales and commissions
- Provides tickets and confirmation information, also reviews arrangements with client e) Promotes and uses approved travel vendors
- Arranges for payment and services and collects payment
- Cross sells and coordinates any additional needs
- Maintains familiarity with travel industry through attendance at vendor's training sessions, FAM trips, literature and trade shows.
- Participates in networking opportunities such as AAA theme nights, community events, Chamber mixers, etc.
2. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Possess education and/or experience equal to: two years’ experience as travel agent; or Associate’s Degree in field or equivalent combination of experience and education equal to two years.
- Minimum of two years’ sales experience, preferably in a travel-related business, required.
- Possess a passion for geography, travel and selling.
- Excellent customer service skills are a must.
- Proficient in use of computer including travel reservations system
Branch Insurance Agent
AAA is seeking an Branch Insurance Agent in NY! This position would support the agencies service and retention efforts by assisting with sales, service and retention related activities. They have daily interaction with AAA members, agency, club and carrier partners.
Advantages To Working With AAA
For over a century, AAA has built a reputation for being one of America’s pre-eminent member services organizations. AAA Insurance stands firmly on this foundation and has been safeguarding the livelihoods of members since 1914; 100 years of excellence. Though the cars, families and lifestyles have changed greatly over the decades, our commitment to protecting our members has remained constant. A challenging and stimulating career that provides growth and development
· An outstanding portfolio of products. We work with some of the top Insurance carriers in the country like CSAA, Travelers, Hanover, NYCM.
If you have the qualities and skills described, apply today to become a part of our growing team!
At AAA Northway, we’ve been driven to provide our members with superior roadside assistance, personal service, and peace of mind. This same commitment to a life well-lived has earned AAA Northway the reputation as a great place to work by the Albany Times Union 4 years in a row!! Come to a place where your ideas are respected and valued. And, perhaps most important of all, they get to make a difference every day.
The Primary Duties Are
- Sell and service personal lines property and casualty insurance policies to current and prospective AAA members.
- Meet specific sales, profitability and retention goals and objectives.
- Sell AAA memberships when applicable.
- Complete insurance quotes for current and potential AAA members and insurance customers and determine if current limits of coverage are sufficient to meet customer’s personal insurance needs.
- Conduct full underwriting assessment with current and potential AAA members for their personal insurance needs.
- Maintain contact with existing insurance customers to create additional sales opportunities.
- Serve as a resource for personal insurance referrals from AAA employees and travel centers.
- Serve as liaison with insurance carriers to ensure timely underwriting of policies and maintain current knowledge of insurance carriers and underwriting guidelines.
- Represent AAA at community activities to enhance the company’s image and maintain a referral network for additional sales opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit and be relentless in your professional growth.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associate’s degree preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a Property & Casualty insurance license within 6 months of hire.
- Must pass a professional background check.
- Familiarity with and follow agency E&O guidelines, follow agency policies, and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding and often intense environment, which operates on strict deadlines to conduct business.
- Must be available to work hours of operation, which are subject to change; must be available to work overtime as required.
- A competitive base rate between $16 to $20/hour plus incentives, commission and bonuses
- Over 10 days of Paid Time Off accrued during the first year of employment
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) plan with Employer match
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Complimentary AAA Plus Membership (inclusive of product & service discounts)
- and so much more!
What you can expect from AAA Northway:
- An environment where innovative ideas are welcome and strategic thinking is encouraged.
- An opportunity for personal development and career advancement.
What we expect from our employees:
- A commitment to AAA Northway’s vision and success.
- A desire to learn, develop and be the best.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at AAA Northway.
AAA Northway is an Equal Opportunity Employer