AAA Northway awarded 2018, 2019 & 2020 TOP PLACES TO WORK by the Times Union
Trusted Organization... Relevant Solutions
Whether you are an experienced professional or in the early stages of your career, AAA Northway is a great place to build and expand your career.
We encourage AAA employees to grasp opportunities for personal development by utilizing our generous tuition assistance program and our extensive training curriculum designed for individual development and professional growth.
MSA, Call Center
Location: Schenectady Administrative Offices
Provides prompt, courteous and efficient service to members and customers, responding to inquiries in a Call Center environment.
- Provides telephone service to members regarding a variety of services to include emergency road service, auto travel, membership, TripTik orders, DIP schedules, travel store items, and other related requests.
- Gathers appropriate information to determine type of service required and other standard information to provide service; requires:
- use of various software to respond appropriately.
- Verifies memberships in computer.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge regarding products and services to provide Ultimate Customer Satisfaction.
- Sells and renews memberships, explaining member benefits in detail.
- Suggests and cross-sells other related items such as financial products, traveler’s checks, international driver’s permits, passport photos, attraction tickets, and travel store merchandise through referral to local office.
- Deals with emergency situations in a professional manner, ensuring that the member is safe and taking any necessary precautions.
- Assists members with travel questions and/or refers questions to Travel Agency when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess high school diploma or GED
- Posses excellent telephone, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Possess general knowledge of geography and have basic ability to read maps
- Possess excellent communication skills and ability to work with people who are in stressful situations
- Be proficient in computer/keyboard skills and possess ability to learn and use software.
- Ability to learn and understand member benefits.
- Possess good judgment and quick decision-making skills.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment, quickly adapting to change.
- Able to work assigned hours and overtime when necessary.
Tow Truck Operator
Provide safe, efficient and customer-friendly road service for AAA members, ensuring positive member experiences. Respond to member requests for service within a given ETA (estimated time of arrival). Ensure member safety and vehicle security. Educate members on possible issues, provide jump starts, fuel service, flat tire replacement, vehicle entry and towing service. Promote AAA products and services and ensure complete resolution of member issues.
To successfully fulfill the responsibilities of this position, you will need the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license with no moving traffic violations
- Possess a minimum of two years’ work experience in safely driving trucks and/or towing vehicles; successful completion of education in auto mechanics or related field in a vocational school or in college may be substituted for up to one year of experience.
- Must be safety conscious for self and member and must wear assigned personal protective equipment and follow established safety rules.
- Be proficient in computer/keyboarding skills.
- Possess general working knowledge of geography and ability to read maps; strong knowledge of local area helpful
(Schenectady, Rotterdam, Niskayuna, Scotia, Clifton Park)
- Available to work assigned hours and overtime when necessary
- Ability to get to work in all types of weather and to remain at work as long as needed with or without prior notice; may be called in early or required to stay late.
- Lifting, reaching, bending, lying on ground, walking, working outside in heat/cold and all types of weather will be required in performance of duties.
Note: To ensure that AAA Northway maintains a qualified staff of professionals to serve its membership, a background check will be required for these positions, including a driver’s license review and drug testing.
Travel Agent - Saratoga & Schenectady
Responsible for selling primarily leisure travel, coordinating air, rail, cruise, tour and independent travel services.
Performs responsibilities as assigned which may include, but not be limited to:
- Sellings primarily leisure travel, coordinating air, rail, cruise, tour and independent travel services based on travel dates and individual preferences.
- Arrange cars and hotels
- Contacts clients with special promotions; develops sales techniques and networks to imporve sales and commissions
- Provides tickets and confirmation information, also reviews arrangements with client
- Promotes and uses approved travel vendors
- Arranges for payment and services and collects payment
- Cross sells and coordinates any additional needs
- Maintains familiarity with travel industry through attendance at vendor's training sessions, FAM trips, literature and trade shows.
- Participates in networking opportunities such as AAA theme nights, community events, Chamber mixers, etc.
- Possess education and/or experience equal to: two years? experience as travel agent; or Associate?s Degree in field or equivalent combination of experience and education equal to two years.
- Minimum of two years? sales experience, preferably in a travel-related business, required.
- Possess a passion for geography, travel and selling.
- Excellent customer service skills are a must.
- Proficient in use of computer including travel reservations system.
Technician, AAA Car Care Center - Clifton Park, NY
- Completes service and/or repairs assigned for which the Technician is trained and capable of performing.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including tools and equipment.
- Adheres to all safety standards along with all operational policies and procedures.
- Achieves productivity goals as established by management.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with members, customers, visitors, vendors, suppliers, and co-workers.
- Engages in any training offered and/or required by the Club.
- Possesses high level of diagnostic skills in most automotive systems
- Possesses a New York State Inspectors License.
- Physical Requirements: able to lift 70 lbs., bend, reach, walk and stand for long periods, work in garage environment, going out into cold or hot weather as required.
Excellent employee benefits are available including health insurance, dental insurance, 401(k) with employer match; AAA Plus membership; and other benefits and incentives.
Job Type: Full-time
Assistant Manager - AAA Schenectady
Coordinates auto travel for Club members and non-members.
1. Performs responsibilities as assigned which may include, but not be limited to:
- Opens and closes office using standard company procedures.
- Responsible for assisting in the management of cash handling, tickets and traveler?s checks, using proper company procedures including bank deposits and reconciling transactions/money.
- Inventories and orders maps, books, supplies, tickets, traveler?s checks.
- May be required to address routine employee relations issues.
- Handles customer complaints requiring manager?s intervention, obtaining direction or guidance from next level manager as required
- Performs walk-throughs on floor regularly, gives direction or work to associates, and assures that client flow is moving along without any distractions.
- Is responsible for associate, member/customer and building safety and security in manager's absence; contacts senior management for guidance or assistance as needed.
- Sells memberships; prepares and coordinates materials to assist member/customer in auto travel such as ordering or preparing TripTiks, maps, tour books and other materials.
- Sells traveler?s checks, international driver?s permits, passport photos, and travel store merchandise.
- Arranges car and hotel reservations.
2. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess excellent customer service, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Able to train staff in an effective manner.
- Be proficient in computer/keyboard skills and possess ability to learn and use software.
- Possess general knowledge of geography and ability to read maps.
- Able to bend, reach and do light lifting, up to 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Possess excellent judgment and quick decision-making skills.
- Available to work assigned hours and overtime when necessary; may require evening and weekends.
- Able to work with money and credit cards accurately and responsibly.
- Has or will attain notary license (attain within 3 months of accepting position).
What you can expect from AAA Northway:
- An environment where innovative ideas are welcome and strategic thinking is encouraged.
- An opportunity for personal development and career advancement.
What we expect from our employees:
- A commitment to AAA Northway’s vision and success.
- A desire to learn, develop and be the best.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at AAA Northway.
AAA Northway is an Equal Opportunity Employer