AAA Northway awarded 2018, 2019 & 2020 TOP PLACES TO WORK by the Times Union
Trusted Organization... Relevant Solutions
Whether you are an experienced professional or in the early stages of your career, AAA Northway is a great place to build and expand your career.
We encourage AAA employees to grasp opportunities for personal development by utilizing our generous tuition assistance program and our extensive training curriculum designed for individual development and professional growth.
Member Service Associate, Call Center
Location: Schenectady Administrative Offices
Provides prompt, courteous and efficient service to members and customers, responding to inquiries in a Call Center environment.
- Provides telephone service to members regarding a variety of services to include emergency road service, auto travel, membership, TripTik orders, DIP schedules, travel store items, and other related requests.
- Gathers appropriate information to determine type of service required and other standard information to provide service; requires:
- use of various software to respond appropriately.
- Verifies memberships in computer.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge regarding products and services to provide Ultimate Customer Satisfaction.
- Sells and renews memberships, explaining member benefits in detail.
- Suggests and cross-sells other related items such as financial products, traveler’s checks, international driver’s permits, passport photos, attraction tickets, and travel store merchandise through referral to local office.
- Deals with emergency situations in a professional manner, ensuring that the member is safe and taking any necessary precautions.
- Assists members with travel questions and/or refers questions to Travel Agency when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess high school diploma or GED
- Posses excellent telephone, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Possess general knowledge of geography and have basic ability to read maps
- Possess excellent communication skills and ability to work with people who are in stressful situations
- Be proficient in computer/keyboard skills and possess ability to learn and use software.
- Ability to learn and understand member benefits.
- Possess good judgment and quick decision-making skills.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment, quickly adapting to change.
- Able to work assigned hours and overtime when necessary.
Tow Truck Operator
Provide safe, efficient and customer-friendly road service for AAA members, ensuring positive member experiences. Respond to member requests for service within a given ETA (estimated time of arrival). Ensure member safety and vehicle security. Educate members on possible issues, provide jump starts, fuel service, flat tire replacement, vehicle entry and towing service. Promote AAA products and services and ensure complete resolution of member issues.
To successfully fulfill the responsibilities of this position, you will need the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license with no moving traffic violations
- Possess a minimum of two years’ work experience in safely driving trucks and/or towing vehicles; successful completion of education in auto mechanics or related field in a vocational school or in college may be substituted for up to one year of experience.
- Must be safety conscious for self and member and must wear assigned personal protective equipment and follow established safety rules.
- Be proficient in computer/keyboarding skills.
- Possess general working knowledge of geography and ability to read maps; strong knowledge of local area helpful
(Schenectady, Rotterdam, Niskayuna, Scotia, Clifton Park)
- Available to work assigned hours and overtime when necessary
- Ability to get to work in all types of weather and to remain at work as long as needed with or without prior notice; may be called in early or required to stay late.
- Lifting, reaching, bending, lying on ground, walking, working outside in heat/cold and all types of weather will be required in performance of duties.
Note: To ensure that AAA Northway maintains a qualified staff of professionals to serve its membership, a background check will be required for these positions, including a driver’s license review and drug testing.
Dispatcher - 2nd shift
Coordinates emergency road service for Club members and follows up on service
1. Receives information via computer on member emergency road service needs.
2. Monitors dispatch of internal fleet and external contractors to ensure that trucks are dispatched to members in a timely manner.
3. Works cooperatively with internal fleet and contractors to ensure member total satisfaction.
4. May contact service provider by phone or radio, determining best method of contact and which provider will supply quickest service.
5. Inputs information provided by contractors correlating to Direct to Contractor Calls, ERS Online Calls.
6. Receive inbound calls from members regarding road service both active and new road service calls.
7. Answer police, RAP, and other emergency lines.
8. Deal with emergency situations as they arise in a professional manner.
9. Priortize incoming calls in order to service the most severe situations first.
10. Contact members on previously dispatched calls for quality assurance purposes.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Be proficient in computer/keyboard skills and possess ability to learn and use software.
2. Posess the ability to multi-task; working on phones, radios and computers simultaneously, as well as balance a variety of duties and communications.
3. Possess excellent telephone, customer service and interpersonal skills, and the ability to type notes accurately and with minimal keying errors.
4. Possess good judgment, quick decision-making skills, general knowledge of geography and the ability to read maps.
5. Be able to work in a fast-paced environment, quickly adapting to change.
6. Available to work assigned hours and overtime when necessary including holidays and severe weather
conditions to ensure member service is available while working in a 24/7 environment.
What you can expect from AAA Northway:
- An environment where innovative ideas are welcome and strategic thinking is encouraged.
- An opportunity for personal development and career advancement.
What we expect from our employees:
- A commitment to AAA Northway’s vision and success.
- A desire to learn, develop and be the best.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at AAA Northway.
AAA Northway is an Equal Opportunity Employer