AAA Northway awarded 2018 TOP PLACES TO WORK by the Times Union
Trusted Organization... Relevant Solutions
Whether you are an experienced professional or in the early stages of your career, AAA Northway is a great place to build and expand your career.
We encourage AAA employees to grasp opportunities for personal development by utilizing our generous tuition assistance program and our extensive training curriculum designed for individual development and professional growth.
Part-Time Membership & Travel Associate
Location: Queensbury Travel Center
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 10 am to 3 pm
Summary: Coordinates auto travel for Club members and non-members.
1. Determines auto travel needs through personal meeting or telephone conversation
2. Verifies membership on computer
3. Sells memberships and inputs into computer
4. Prepares and coordinates materials to assist member/customer in auto travel
5. Enters various pieces of information into computer
6. Suggests and cross-sells other related items such as traveler's checks, international driver's permits, passport photos, and travel store merchandise
7. Inventories, stocks, assembles, collates, copies and maintains products and materials.
8. Arranges car and hotel reservations for member travel
9. Performs other duties as assigned
Location of Position: Halfmoon Travel Center
Work Schedule: 37.5 Hours - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday -- 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Responsible for selling primarily leisure travel, coordinating air, rail, cruise, tour and independent travel services.
Sells primarily leisure travel, coordinating arrangements for air, rail, cruise services based on travel dates and individual preferences. Arrange cars and hotels. Contacts clients with special promotions; develops sales techniques and networks to improve sales and commissions. Provides tickets and confirmation information and reviews arrangements with client. Promotes and uses AAA preferred partners. Arranges for payment of services and collects payment. Cross sells and coordinates any additional needs. Maintains familiarity with travel industry through attendance at vendor’s training sessions, FAM trips, literature and trade shows. Participates in networking opportunities such as AAA theme nights, community events, Chamber mixers, etc.
Qualifications necessary for successfully performing this position include:
Possess education and/or experience equal to: two years’ experience as travel agent; or Associate’s Degree in field or equivalent combination of experience and education equal to two years. Minimum of two years’ sales experience, preferably in a travel-related business, required. Possess a passion for geography, travel and selling. Excellent customer service skills are a must. Proficient in use of computer including travel reservations system.
Tow Truck Operator
Provide safe, efficient and customer-friendly road service for AAA members, ensuring positive member experiences. Respond to member requests for service within a given ETA (estimated time of arrival). Ensure member safety and vehicle security. Educate members on possible issues, provide jump starts, fuel service, flat tire replacement, vehicle entry and towing service. Promote AAA products and services and ensure complete resolution of member issues.
To successfully fulfill the responsibilities of this position, you will need the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license with no moving traffic violations
- Possess a minimum of two years’ work experience in safely driving trucks and/or towing vehicles; successful completion of education in auto mechanics or related field in a vocational school or in college may be substituted for up to one year of experience.
- Must be safety conscious for self and member and must wear assigned personal protective equipment and follow established safety rules.
- Be proficient in computer/keyboarding skills.
- Possess general working knowledge of geography and ability to read maps; strong knowledge of local area helpful
(Schenectady, Rotterdam, Niskayuna, Scotia, Clifton Park)
- Available to work assigned hours and overtime when necessary
- Ability to get to work in all types of weather and to remain at work as long as needed with or without prior notice; may be called in early or required to stay late.
- Lifting, reaching, bending, lying on ground, walking, working outside in heat/cold and all types of weather will be required in performance of duties.
Note: To ensure that AAA Northway maintains a qualified staff of professionals to serve its membership, a background check will be required for these positions, including a driver’s license review and drug testing.
What you can expect from AAA Northway:
- An environment where innovative ideas are welcome and strategic thinking is encouraged.
- An opportunity for personal development and career advancement.
What we expect from our employees:
- A commitment to AAA Northway’s vision and success.
- A desire to learn, develop and be the best.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at AAA Northway.
AAA Northway is an Equal Opportunity Employer