Have you thought about some professional assistance planning your next vacation? You’re not alone.
Three-quarters of Americans would consider working with a travel agent to plan their vacations, new research from AAA Travel shows. Despite the ability to book their own vacations online, nearly half of Americans (46 percent) feel that working with a travel agent adds value to their trip, especially when conditions are so changeable. Plenty of tech-savvy millennials are part of the trend as well: They are just as likely as baby boomers to report planning to use a travel agent for a trip in the next year.
While more than half of Americans would consider working with a travel agent to find the best deals, secure upgrades, and additional money-saving travel perks, AAA encourages travelers to keep in mind these additional benefits:
1. Save time. Travel agents can take the guesswork out of researching and evaluating the many options that are available to travelers, saving time and the hassle that often come with vacation planning.
2. Consolidate your research. You don’t have the time to waste it by going to 10 different sites to find the best deal. A AAA Travel Agent has the tools to find you the best deal.
3. Navigating you through travel questions. The internet may be able to answer your questions, but it can’t ASK you those all-important discovery questions that can help you determine exactly what you want to create the best vacation experience.
4. Expert recommendations. A knowledgeable travel agent will make personalized recommendations and offer tips on destinations, what to see and do while on vacation, the best and worst times to travel, and much more.
5. They’ve been there and done that. Travel agents are often well-traveled, having visited the destinations and experienced the vacations they recommend to travelers.
6. Reduce stress. Travel agents can help with all the details—advising travelers on everything from passport renewal requirements to recommendations for obtaining an International Driving Permit before traveling overseas—taking the stress out of the process. They also can help you navigate AAA’s COVID-19 Travel Restrictions interactive map, which provides the latest travel information on restrictions, closures and ordinances.
7. Help with the unexpected. Between weather delays, natural disasters, flight cancellations, lost luggage, and much more, a lot can happen on vacation. Travel agents act as the traveler’s advocate in the event something goes wrong, helping navigate the challenge of making any necessary itinerary changes.
Added Bonus: Consulting with a AAA Travel Agent is a free service and they know how to make your AAA membership work for you by applying added benefits, incentives, and discounts.