Booking your trip is just the beginning
At AAA we know that plannng and preparation can be the difference between a dream vacation and a travel nightmare. Whether you book with one of our knowledgeable AAA Travel agents or at AAA.com, our Travel Resource Center will provide you with all the information you need to help make your next trip go smoothly.
Expedited Passports & Travel Visas
Traveling soon and need a passport?
Many countries require your passport to be valid 6 months after your return date, and some countries may require a travel visa to enter. Get exclusive AAA rates on expedited passport and travel visa courier services online with RushMyPassport.
- Personalized application review can help avoid common mistakes that would normally cause a delay
- Save time, skip long lines, and hold times – let RushMyPassport work with the passport office or embassy
- Enjoy the comfort and convenience of real time tracking of your passport or travel visa
Get Started with RushMyPassport
RushMyPassport is a trusted name in expedited passport and travel visa services.
RushMyPassport is part of the Expedited Travel family of brands. Expedited Travel has relationships with the U.S. Department of State for passport services as well as with foreign consulates and agencies across the United States for international travel visas.
Here is how they help:
- They have an easy-to-use online tool that ensures you have all the information required to ensure your passport or visa application is complete.
- They have experts available to review your documents and ensure they are completed correctly, removing any of the guesswork from the process.
- They have a network of couriers who will hand carry your application to the appropriate government agency or consulate.
- They have experts standing by via phone, email, and chat to help you should you have any questions or require assistance along the way.
RushMyPassport can help you with all of your passport needs, including:
- New passport applications
- Passport renewals
- A passport for your child
- Replacing lost, stolen, or damaged passports
- Updating your name on your passport if you've changed it
- Obtaining a second duplicate passport
Start your passport application RushMyPassport.
Currently there are no avenues to secure your passport in as little as 24 hours. However, RushMyPassport offers some of the fastest passport turnaround times available. Check in with current service options at aaa.rushmypassport.com. The only alternative is to call a Regional Passport Agency and make an appointment. It might be possible to get your passport within 3 days for life and death emergencies but an appointment is required.
Start your expedited passport application with RushMyPassport.
The average wait time to get or renew a passport is 10-13 weeks, but wait time can increase based on demand. Shortly after Covid the wait times more than doubled. Per Department of State: processing time does not include mailing times, which is additional up to 2 weeks to arrive and up to 2 weeks to receive.
RushMyPassport offers expedited levels of service that can reduce wait times based on availability of appointments with the Department of State (the agency that handles U.S. passports), that vary with demand. RushMyPassport currently offers passport services as quickly as one week.
Start your passport application or passport renewal with RushMyPassport.
You must have at least 6 months of validity remaining on your U.S. Passport, as many countries will restrict access if your passport is set to expire in less than 6 months.
Renew your passport with RushMyPassport.
Approximately 30% of all passport applications are delayed, suspended, or returned due to common issues and mistakes, increasing the time that it takes to secure a passport and sometimes causing people to miss their travel window or take advantage of special deals or pricing.
Most people who experience this issue are people who went the "DIY" (do it yourself) route. RushMyPassport can help take any and all guesswork out of the process by ensuring you complete your paperwork correctly the first time, helping you avoid any unnecessary delays. If there is a mistake with your documentation, RushMyPassport will help fix the errors to prevent lengthy delays. RushMyPassport also has professional passport and travel visa specialists ready to help you through the process.
Start your passport application with RushMyPassport.
This is a good question, and it varies by country and the reason for travel; e.g. tourist vs. business travel. Some countries require a tourist visa to enter, so you may need to also get a travel visa.
Additionally, some countries that do not require a tourist visa may require a business visa if you are traveling for business, so you will want to check with RushMyPassport, as they can help with the visa requirements for the country you plan to visit along with the purpose of your trip (tourist vs. business).
Start your passport application or visa application with RushMyPassport.
AAA Travel Agents can answer questions about passport requirements as they relate to your trip, but do not have passport forms and cannot provide advice on how to complete the forms. AAA has partnered with RushMyPassport, as they are experts in this area and can provide the help and assistance many of our members need. Plus, they have expedited services available that can greatly reduce turnaround times.
Start your passport application or passport renewal with RushMyPassport.
Both the passport book and passport card serve as proof of your U.S. citizenship and identity. The big difference between the passport book and passport card is the passport card is less expensive and cannot be used for international air travel.
With that said, the passport card is very convenient to carry and can be used for land border crossings and seaports of entry (think cruise ships), for several nations:
- The Caribbean
Many people opt to get a passport card in addition to a passport book as it's very convenient to carry in their purse or wallet on land and sea vacations to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda.
A passport card on its own is a less expensive option and may be all you need for trips across the border, but all of the paperwork is the same for both the book and the card. However, if you are only traveling with a passport card on these land or sea vacations to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean or Bermuda and you must return home to the U.S. by air due to some unforeseen circumstance, you will not be permitted to board that international flight without a passport book. For this reason, we recommend getting the passport book if you are on a budget and there is an outside chance you may need to travel to or from these destinations by air.
Start your passport application with RushMyPassport.
Passport processing times only begin once the Department of State passport agencies or centers receive your application, and do not include mailing times. The total time it takes to get your passport includes both processing and mailing times. It may take up to 2 weeks for your application to arrive by mail at a passport agency or center, and up to 2 weeks to get your completed passport in the mail.
With increased routine processing times taking up to 13 weeks, this means it could take up to 17 weeks to receive a passport after you’ve mailed your application. When applying for or renewing a passport, submit your application as early as possible and consider the total time it will take to receive a passport.
If you’re planning an international trip, AAA Travel recommends checking your passport expiration date to ensure it’s valid for at least 6 months after your return.
RushMyPassport offers AAA members exclusive discounts on expedited courier services and can help minimize delays in passport processing. Start your application with RushMyPassport.
To obtain a new U.S. Passport, the specific documents required may vary upon the applicant, age, and type of U.S. Passport needed.
For a New Adult Passport, Child Passport, and a Replacement Passport, you will need to visit a Passport Acceptance Agent (PAA) to have your documents adjudicated. You must include the required documentation including: passport photos, passport application, government fee (check or money order), proof of identity (Driver’s License or State Identification Card), proof of citizenship (Birth Certificate or Naturalization Paperwork), and if applicable, proof of legal name change. For a child passport, you must also provide proof of parental relationship (Parent’s Photo ID’s that must match child’s birth certificate).
Please note: Requesting one of these passport options requires the applicant to appear in front of a Passport Acceptance Agent (PAA) to have the documents adjudicated. This person is often a postal employee or an official at your local county clerk office or library.
You are eligible for a U.S. Passport renewal if ALL of the following are true:
- Your passport is currently valid, or has expired within the last five years.
- Your passport is in your possession.
- Your passport is not damaged.
- Your passport was issued when you were age 16 or older.
Here are the steps to renew a passport through RushMyPassport:
- Visit aaa.rushmypassport.com and select the passport service speed that you need.
- Once your RushMyPassport order is placed, you’ll be directed to the portal to begin gathering the required documents. The smart form application wizard will help you generate the DS-82 passport application.
- Visit your local AAA office to get a passport photo that meets the requirements.
- Gather all the required documents, application, passport, and passport photo. You’ll then ship the packet to RushMyPassport.
- RushMyPassport will submit your documents to the Department of State and your passport will be ready based on the timeframe you selected.
- Your new passport will arrive to you via the shipping method you selected. Your old passport and original documents may arrive separately from the Department of State.
M-F 9am-6pm EST
● Live chat support here
● Passport Advisors available by phone: 888-970-0069
● Passport Advisors available by email: email@example.com
Our call center aims to respond to emails within 24 hours during regular business hours. Please keep in mind that response times may be longer during weekends, holidays, or periods of high volume. We strive to provide thorough and accurate responses to ensure we address customer concerns effectively.
We understand that phone calls often require immediate attention and personalized assistance. Our goal is to answer incoming calls as promptly as possible, aiming for an average hold time of less than three minutes. However, please note that call volume fluctuations and peak periods may occasionally result in longer hold times. Rest assured, we value your time and are committed to providing efficient and effective support over the phone.
For chat inquiries, we prioritize real-time interactions to offer swift assistance. Our objective is to connect with you within one to two minutes upon initiating a chat session. However, similar to phone support, occasional variations in chat volume may lead to slightly longer wait times. We appreciate your patience and assure you that our agents will strive to provide you with a satisfactory resolution promptly.
To check the status of your order, please login into our client portal for the latest updates. You will also receive an email at each step along the way. Our passport advisors are also available with any additional questions.
Visit your local AAA office for passport services to help ensure you get the perfect passport photo.
- Size: The photo should be 2 x 2 inches square.
- Background: The background should be plain white or off-white, with no patterns or designs.
- Lighting: The lighting should be even and not create shadows on the face.
- Expression: The person in the photo should have a neutral expression, with both eyes open and looking directly at the camera.
- Clothing: The person in the photo should wear normal street clothes, without hats or head coverings (unless worn for religious reasons) or glasses with tinted lenses. Do not wear a white shirt.
- Quality: The photos should be in focus, with a high resolution and good contrast.
The application process for new passports, child passports, and replacing lost, stolen, or damaged passports require a visit to the passport acceptance agent for adjudication in order to verify the applicant's identity, documents, and signature.
To complete the adjudication process, you must visit a Passport Acceptance Agent (PAA), who will review and verify your documents, passport photo, and witness the signing of your passport application. Passport Acceptance Agents usually include county clerks, libraries, or U.S. Post Offices. The PAA will then take all of your documents and place them in a sealed package for submission to the U.S. Department of State.
*Important to Note:
- Do not sign your passport application until you are at the PAA and instructed to do so.
- A separate adjudication fee of $35 is required for all New Adult, Child, Lost, Stolen, or Damaged passports to the PAA.
- For a child passport, both parents and the applicant must be present together (or a notarized consent form if a parent or guardian is unavailable).
- If you cannot locate a Passport Acceptance Agent, members can call RushMyPassport for additional assistance.
To find a local PAA in your area please visit: https://iafdb.travel.state.gov/
Passport processing times when applying directly with the U.S. Department of State are currently:
- Routine Service: 10-13 weeks
- Expedited Service: 7-9 weeks
- Expedited at Regional Agency: Appointment is required and applicants must have international travel already booked within the next 14 calendar days.
RushMyPassport service offerings are as quick as one week. Processing times start once the documents are received by RushMyPassport and do not include the overnight shipping timeframe.